The Boukmouri dam, located in Médéa province, has a reservoir with a storage volume of 31.2 hm3 and is intended for irrigation and water supply in Oum El Djalil.
- Dam type: Embankment Dam with central core in bituminous concrete;
- Landfill volume: 3.2 hm3;
- Maximum height of the dam: 62 m;
- Crest length: 1092 m;
- Flood Spillway: side spillway, 80 m long and 26 m wide channel, stilling basin and flow capacity of 544 m3/s;
- Vertical water intake tower with access walkway;
- Bottom Outlet: With bottom outlet gallery and provisional cut-and-cover diversion, with mixed section (rectangular plus semi-circular) and steel bottom outlet duct with 1800 mm diameter.
The project comprised the hydrological and regularization study, geological, geotechnical and seismicity study, technical-economic study of variant solutions of the dam and its hydraulic bodies, study of environmental impact and water quality, study of social impacts and profitability, as well as topographical works and the geological-geotechnical surveying.
Environmental Impact Study