The Chafrou Dam, with a reservoir with a storage volume of 14.0 hm3, aims to defend a vast agricultural area against floods.
- Dam: hard landfill (soil-cement), with an intermediate profile between a landfill dam and a gravity concrete dam, overflow;
- Landfill volume: 0.17 hm3;
- Maximum dam height: 15 m;
- Crest development and width: 270 m and 3 m;
- Flood spillway: consisting of a spillway sill over the dam body, with a 25 m downstream energy dissipation basin (Qdim = 1364 m3/s).
Preliminary Study Review